WordPress is a great community to be a part of as I have met some wonderful people from all corners of the globe and connected through similar interests. The Liebster Award is an incentive to encourage new and emerging bloggers and a virtual pat on the back. Thankyou to Bre from Brepurposed and Annie from Annie in NOLA for the award nomination, it has been lovely to connect and get to know a little more about you both.
So the Liebster Award Rules are as follows:
- It’s given by new/emerging bloggers to other new/emerging bloggers
- Answer the questions you were given by the person who nominated you.
- Keep the ball rolling and nominate 11 new blogs with 500 followers or less
- Post 11 new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Tag your nominees and be sure to leave a comment on their blog letting them know they’ve been nominated.
As I was nominated by two people I have combined the individual questions from Annie and Bre.
1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I started blogging when I was studying for my Interior Design qualification, it has proven to be a fantastic platform for me to keep on top of interior trends, to network, to broaden my creative horizon and to form my personal brand and business.
2. Do you think your blogging has encouraged you to create, explore, read, etc more?
Most definitely, blogging has improved my writing style, it has encouraged me to always research and improve my skillset and to explore what is out there in the big wide world we live in.
3. If you could leave next week for a paid vacation to live anywhere in the world for one year, where would you go?
I would take off and head back to New York. I left a piece of me there last time I visited and promised myself that I would return one day, and hopefully for reasons to do with my creative business. I was born in America, but reside in Australia, so always love to head back to the red, white and blue as it’s a place that does and always will have a piece of my heart.
4. Why did you choose the subject of your blog?
Eclectic Medicine stems from my personal aesthetic, that is loving most interior styles and combining the old with the new. I also went through a stage in my life where I considered switching careers and becoming a Naturopath as natural medicine played a big part in helping me overcome an illness that literally stopped me in my tracks and caused me to reevaluate my life and the direction I was heading in professionally and personally. So my blog and business name is a play on words and combination of personal growth and creativity.
The subject of my blog is aligned with my career as an emerging Interior Designer and ‘new kid on the block’ and helps me to keep accountable for research, networking and knowledge. It’s the best decision I ever made.
5. What’s your favorite meal to cook for yourself?
I love to cook, but of late I haven’t been getting into the kitchen. My new thing though (I just made it tonight actually) is Asian style salads. I’m trying to get healthy again and learn to nourish my body, not just feed it with wasted calories and to eat regularly, so I don’t give into those sugar cravings in the afternoon. Here is the recipe and the link for the salad I made. It is delicious and nutritious. I think this week I will live on this salad alone. The Endless Meal
6. Do you have any animals?
Yes! I have a gorgeous little black cat called Peggy. She was adopted as a rescue and has filled our lives with lots of love and cheekiness. I am definitely a crazy cat lady. I love their slinkiness, their attitude and that they are so independent.
7. Celebrity childhood crush?
Taylor Hanson. Yep, enough said. I literally thought I was going to marry him and live in Tulsa Oklahoma.
8. Where do you draw your inspiration from?
As a creative Pisces I see the beauty in everything. I am quite in intuitive and really feel at peace when amongst the trees or my pot plants! I gather my inspiration from things I see, people I meet and my mind never really stops thinking. I need to take up yoga and meditation to give my brain a rest, atleast for an hour a day.
9. If you could be a contributor to one blog, which would it be?
10. What is your vice?
My guilty pleasure has to be all things cheese. I love cheese, all types and really can’t get enough. Most definitely a savory kind of lass. Cheese and wine all the time!
11. What other hobbies do you have outside of blogging?
Bascially anything crafty and creative, I love hitting second hand and opportunity shops and rescuing things that need some TLC and re-purpose. I could really do that all day everyday, I’d love to one day have a shopfront selling all my finds!
Ok so now my time to nominate 11 talented blogs and here they are:
And here are the 11 questions I’d love you to answer:
1. What inspired you to start a blog?
2. How many times per week do you post new material?
3. Where in the world do you live and what do you love about it?
4. Do you have any pets?
5. What is your guilty pleasure?
6. Favourite cocktail recipe?
7. What are your goals for your blog?
8. What is the best and worst thing about being a blogger?
9. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
10. Are you a Mac or a PC person?
11. What is your favourite season?
Thank you again to Bre and Annie for the nomination, I look forward to reading all of your answers and getting to know you all a little more!